Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Update on my Raw

Ok so I have been doing primarily raw foods for the last two to three weeks. I think I released a terrible dormant cold bug about a week and a half ago but that is finally getting much better! We have been doing a green smoothie every morning and doing at least one green juice each day. We have been eating some regular foods in the evening and some raw it just depends on how we feel! Other than my cold having me down for a few days I have felt pretty good, I am experiencing some detox symptoms, mostly in the form of bad breath and body odor some sleepiness from time to time.

I really enjoy our smoothies in the morning, and I am getting better at putting green juices together. I have made a mistake or two but only one we could not drink! LOL never use a leek in your green juice!

I am down 33 pounds since we started Jan 20th and that RAWKS!!

Have a healthy day!
Scott

2 comments:

  1. So if your sis was going to buy some green stuff to add into her fruit smoothies in the mornings...what is some really good greens that wont taste bad? I love pineapple, banana, mango and orange smoothies and I love strawberry, orange, banana smoothies. Is it ok to juice the green stuff then blend it into the smoothie? I don't think i can handle any chunky green stuff?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry sis I did not see your question until today. Baby Spinach, Baby Romaine, and Mache Blend are what we use the most. Spinach is the least green tasting but you do have to be a little careful because spinach contains oxalates and spinach everyday for weeks and weeks can cause kidney stones so I only use it two or three times a week, we just rotate our greens which is best anyway. By rotating you get a balance of vitamins and minerals cause not all greens are created equal. Oh and organic dandelion greens are really good too!

    ReplyDelete