Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Going forward...

Ok so yesterday in my first blog post I kinda told you who I was and the struggle I have with my weight, so today I will explain where I am and where I intend to go.
Like I said yesterday I am a 40 year old male, I am 6'4" tall and I weighed 335 pounds in mid January. I had been pretty healthy up until this last year, I had to have my gall bladder removed in December and had some kidney trouble in January. My weight over the past 10 years has fluctuated between 260 pounds and 350 pounds. I know they say that up and down is so unhealthy for us humans so it is time to get this under control once and for all! So how do I plan to do this? On January 25th my wife Brandy and I went to the local YMCA and walked about 2 miles, we have been back every day since, most days twice some days 3 times a day. We go at 5 in the morning and I walk on the treadmill 30 min keeping my heart rate between 140 and 160 then I will move to the eliptical there my HR stays above 155 to 170 for 20 min then I use the machines to do some lifting for about 15 to 20 minutes. I try to go back at lunch and walk 2 miles on the track or shoot some hoops if the courts are open again 30 min. At night we go in and do 30 to 40 min of walking on the track. So anyway that is what I am doing for exercise, tomorrow I will get into what I am doing for my eating. Have a wonderful day everyone and thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment